Saturday, July 24, 2010

New Work & Ramblings!!


Just Finished a pin-up for my friend and former student Darius Corry's battle on entervoid.com. It's a cool website for sequential artists to beef up their skills and network.






I was picking up my comics from Illusions Games & Comics in Salisbury, MD yesterday, and I was amazed at how ridiculous Batman has become. In my stack were 2 comics that left me bewildered. Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne is one of the many books being pumped out by DC in their Bat franchise, and it's ridiculous! I have been a Batman fan and collector forever. I've loved almost every incarnation of the Dark Knight, but for the last year I have been growing increasingly frustrated and sceptical by the developing bat storylines and books. Everyone else seems to be singing the praises of these increasingly convoluted and ridiculous books... am I crazy?!?! Does anyone else feel this way?!?!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so you can't judge a book by its cover... just read the latest installment of Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne, and it was better than I expected. When I saw those cheesy covers, I had flashbacks of the 90s when DC cranked out all kinds of books to capitalize on the movie popularity and the collector craze. The individual stories are interesting, but the ongoing story "explaining" the death and imminent resurrection of Wayne is confusing and far fetched. Not as bad as I expected though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't pick up a lot of newer mainstream books(even though I was and am a huge fan of batman and a ton of other characters of DC's and Marvel's(though I am still carrying a grudge against Marvel for the crap they did to destroy the comic book industry in the 1990s). I did pick up teh first issue of the Mighty Crusaders newest series from DC(I am a fan/collector of these golden/silver age cheesy superheroes originally published by the Archie guys) and it was surprisingly decent. Have to get the other 5 issues to see if the whole thing was as good.

    ReplyDelete